Training, HRD, OD, Consulting & Train-The-Trainer Certification, Tools and Programs
We offer the most comprehensive collection of training tools, train-the-trainer programs, needs assessment, training ROI, consulting fieldbooks, instructional system design, and other HRD, OD, training, and consulting tools that dramatically increase the effectiveness of your training and consulting work. On the other pages of our website, you will find training programs on specific topics you need to facilitate.
But first register below to receive our popular newsletter to get free ideas and tools for creating a better workplace.
Train-The-Trainer Certification on Emotional Intelligence, Employee Engagement, Critical Conversations, Creativity & Innovation, Diversity & Inclusion, and other topics:
To get certified online visit: http://www.humanext.com/humanext-seminars.html
500 Creative Classroon Techniques for Teachers and Trainers
Approach any training or teaching challenge with these new, fresh and inspired solutions
500 Creative Classroom Techniques for Teachers and Trainers By Marlene Caroselli
Make your teaching and their learning fun, fast-paced and functional. This toolkit of 500 tips and techniques is designed for trainers at all levels of experience who enjoy experimenting, discovering and evolving.
500 Creative Classroom Techniques for Teachers and Trainers covers all the important basic, including how to:
- Have participants introduce themselves
- Test for understanding
- Add humor
- Give feedback
- Use questions
- Use quotations
- Have groups report
- Get through printed material
- Appoint group leaders
You will also get creative ways to deal with reluctant learners, make subject matter relevant, encourage participant-learning after the course has ended, develop study habits, make take-home assignments relevant and more.
Each of the book's 20 chapters contains an overview. Within the activities is a wide variety of tips, suggestions, options, cautions, FYI tidbits and recommendations. Use the brainteasers scattered throughout the book to assess the brainpower in the room, when the class needs a mental break, after lunch to get juices flowing again or whenever you have odd minutes to fill.
500 Creative Classroom Techniques for Teachers and Trainers concludes with an appendix section packed with feedback discussion questions, grammar tests, intuition quizzes, leadership quotes; everything you need to bring training sessions to life and achieve maximum results.
675 Ways to Develop Yourself and Your People
The perfect opportunity to reflect on yourself and where you’re headed.
Strategies, ideas and activities for self-development and learning in the workplace By Laurel Alexander
We all struggle as professionals to stay on top of our game. Here is a book with hundreds of practical ways to take control of moving your career in the direction you want to go – and of helping your people do the same.
675 Ways to Develop Yourself and Your People reflects the real needs of real people in today’s workplace. You’ll gain exercises, activities and strategies that will help you develop your ability to build positive work relationships, change an aspect of your interpersonal behavior, come across as powerful in meetings, listen, make decisions, survive a downsizing and much more.
The engaging and hands-on resource provides a set of 50 individual learning opportunities and over 600 ideas, techniques and activities for making the most of the learning opportunities. Each module begins with an overview of the subject and moves on to exercises in easy-to-use categories:
- Individual tasks and reflections
- Working with others – a peer, colleague or partner
- Working with a mentor
- Developing others – exercises for facilitators to use in groups
- Useful Web sites
You can pick up this book and start wherever you like. You’ll be amazed at how many opportunities you face each day to learn with and from your co-workers, facilitate the development process in others and travel purposefully through your life.
Purchase this fully reproducible 675 Ways to Develop Yourself & Your People / $99.95
HumaNext Certification: An Innovative Program for Trainers, Consultants, and Managers
Do you want to be trained and certified to deliver some of our powerful workshops to your internal or external clients in the US or abroad?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you.
You can be trained and certified to deliver our popular workshops: Applying EQ (Emotional Intelligence) At Work, Diversity & Inclusion At Work, and Cross Cultural Competency.
And you get almost $1500 worth of materials, resources, and tools with your certification, in addition to your affiliation with a fast growing training company, HumaNext (Communication Ideas) offering every kind of training tools for all key skills in all media. You cannot ask for a better partner.
The Training Needs Analysis Reproducible Toolkit with Diskette - Best Seller $59.95
Make your training count! Whether you are a seasoned or inexperienced training professional, making your training count is the number one way to influence the future success of your organization. The way to do this is to match all training directly to the needs of the organization and the people in it.
This unique manual will show you how to do just that! Use this Toolkit as a resource for analyzing training needs, selecting training strategies, and developing training plans to meet the identified needs. This all new second edition contains 22 reproducible instruments and surveys for gathering information at all levels of your organization. It includes proven techniques for transforming your data into realistic training strategies and solutions.
With this Toolkit you will be able to:
- Provide focus and direction to your training investment
- Identify top priority training needs and learn techniques for meeting them
- Systematically plan for training
- Explore a variety of ways to gather information at all levels of an organization
- Transform information into realistic training strategies and plans
- Measure your training department's return on investment
- Quantify the contribution training makes to overall organizational growth and success
Revised Edition Includes: Expanded chapters to provide guidance on analyzing and implementing the information produced by the instruments; More detailed outlines to assist with the analysis; An easy-reference flow chart of actions; New methods for collecting information; A new section on analyzing results for each instrument included.
225 pp/ Paperback with Diskette/ $59.95
Skills for Internal Consultants Workshop: For The 21st Century Trainer
This powerful course, By Penny L. Ittner , Donald Roberts G. & Alex F. Douds - helps organizatins develop the 21st Century trainers and consultants. Today's fast-moving, competitive environment requires training staff members to assume the role of an internal consultant who partners with managers to help them achieve organizational goals. This workshop provides fundamental consulting skills to enable people to function effectively as internal consultants.
You will be able to:
- Use systematic consulting processes in performing as an internal consultant
- Build client credibility and maintain a strong client relationship throughout the consulting process
- General Consulting Concepts
- Contracting with the Client
- Collecting and Analyzing Data
- Feeding Back
- Organizational Data
- Implementing Change
- Evaluating Consulting Projects
- Ending/Extending Consultant Contracts.
Instructor's Guide (250 pp /3-ring binder) /$99.95
Participant Coursebooks at $50 Each
Establishing the Value of Training with Disk Template $79.95
As corporate budgets get tighter and tighter, managers are demanding that expenditures on training be fiscally justified. Trainers are being asked to build a business case for making training investments, and they are being required to determine what those investments yield.
Establishing the Value of Training helps trainers and managers meet these challenges by providing practical guidance, job aids, and computerized worksheets for calculating training costs and returns.
The guide provides proven strategies for combining traditional return-on-investment methodologies with assessments of other less tangible benefits of training. Includes PC compatible spreadsheets for determining return on investment-just plug in your numbers and print!
95 pp/ 3-ring binder with disk / $79.95
Creative Training Techniques Handbook: A Classic in a New Edition - Best Seller
This key resource for all training professionals has been carefully revised and updated. The focus continues to be on delivering results, not just training. All the basics are coveredâhow to tap into learnersâ motivation, customizing for your audience, great presentation techniques, and creative activities that you can use.
New in the third edition: training as a process, not an event, five alternative solutions to performance problems, creating compelling, high impact visuals, five key questions to ask before implementing e-Learning, three reasons why assessment is key, seven questions to answer before using instrumented learning.
Chapter 1: Creative Genesis; The Origin and Foundation of Creative Training Techniques
Chapter 2: Presentation Preparation; How to Get Rave Reviews and Results Before You Open Your Mouth
Chapter 3: Learner Motivation; Making Sure the Audience Keeps Learning After Youâve Finished Teaching
Chapter 4: Visual Aids; How to Keep Their Attention When You Absolutely Have to Talk
Chapter 5: Group Involvement; Thereâs More to Teaching Than Talking to Them
Chapter 6: Creative Materials; Projects, Case Studies and Role Plays That Encourage Students to Learn from Each Other and Their Shared Life Experiences
Chapter 7: Creating Effective Resource Materials; Materials That Put the Need to Know, Nice to Know, and How to Find at Peopleâs Fingertips
Chapter 8: Presentation Techniques; How to Build and Deliver Powerful Presentations
Chapter 9: Customizing Training; Getting Your Needs Met Outside and Inside Your Organization;
Chapter 10: Closing the Circle; Putting It All Together: Some Final Thoughts
Appendix 1: Potpourri; Appendix 2: Graphics; Appendix 3: Sources; Appendix 4: Activity Guide Sheets; Appendix 5: Overhead Transparencies
248 pp/ Hardcover/ $49.95
The ASTD Reference Guide to Workplace Learning and Performance $89.95
The ASTD Reference Guide, third edition, is intended to provide a context for the Workplace Learning and Performance (WLP) field, to expand on the roles and competencies described in ASTD Models for Workplace Learning and Performance, and to provide readers with the resources for enacting those roles and demonstrating those competencies.
This book provides background information on the WLP field and guides the reader to many references of the literature of the WLP field. Those interested in professional WLP work will find this book both useful as a desk reference and as a broad introduction to the field. While, Academicians will find this book suitable as a textbook for courses in WLP.
1200 pp/ Hardcover, 2 Volumes/ $89.95
Flip Chart Magic: Learn how to build and use effective flip charts for training and presentations
Flip Chart Magic takes you step-by-step through the process of building and using effective flip charts in training sessions. Divided into three sections with color coded pages (Need to Know / Nice to Know / Where to Find), the book comes with its own set of flip chart markers so that you can immediately begin applying the concepts and principles presented. Flip Chart Magic is literally "A Seminar In A Book!" The front half of the book is a more basic course and the back half of the book is a more advanced course on the subject of effective flip chart use.
Flip Chart Magic also contains a "Bonus Section" with seventeen transparency masters for combining the overhead projector with the flip chart to increase its effectiveness even more! Includes a Mr. Sketch® Scented Marker four-pack, with markers in red, green, blue, and yellow.
Order Now $39.95
The Strategic Development of Talent - Moving Beyond HRD
By William J. Rothwell, Ph.D. , H.C. Kazanas
Completely updated and revised, the latest edition of the classic book used around the world provides valuable insight to help you develop a comprehensive and unified plan for learning in your organization.
The Strategic Development of Talent moves beyond HRD to apply the principles of strategic business planning to talent management, knowledge management and workplace learning, and it has been retitled to underscore this emphasis. Anyone who wishes to use talent to support organizational strategyâincluding CEOs, operating managers, and HR, HRD and WLP practitionersâwill find this text both informative and practical.
Youâll learn how to:
- Develop a vision for talent development
- Formulate a purpose or mission
- Analyze present strengths and weaknesses and future threats and opportunities
- Assess needs
- Benefit from environmental scanning
- Choose and implement a strategy
- Evaluate the overall effort
The Strategic Development of Talent includes dozens of exhibits, a template to guide you through the process and a self-assessment instrument. $49.95
Training Professionals' Web Design Toolkit
If you want to design your own professional, dynamic website to support training and performance in your organization, this is the resource you need.
The practical, hands-on resource for training professionals builds your skills one step at a time, using Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003âthe web creation and management program. Even novice web designers can complete a project within a few hours. Quickly and easily advance your web design expertise. In six chapters, Training Professionals' Web Design Toolkit walks you through the steps to creating a web-based, performance improvement project ready for use on the World Wide Web (WWW).
Working at your own pace, you'll master the core skills needed to construct a new site, create survey forms using ASP and HTML, create performance evaluation forms with interactive buttons and popup windows, set up database search capabilities, use themes and other edit tools, and more. As you finish each chapter, you'll publish your website from your local computer to a web server and launch your website on the WWW. It couldn't be easier or faster.
User-friendly features include: Realistic scenarios at the start of each chapter; The Show-Tell-Do-Check approach to learning; Helpful screen shots; Detailed step-by-step directions; Highlighted additional explanations $95.00
Become a Better Trainer
Become a Better Trainer: Use the Powerful Heart & Mind Learning
- Heart & Mind Learning is a HumaNext training design and delivery methodology that turns ordinary training sessions into great learning experiences.
- HumaNext is one of America’s most innovative training and communication companies, as evidenced by the depth and breadth of the cutting edge training programs we offer at our three main web sites.
- We have put the best lessons of our diversified training experience in the design of a unique approach to training that we call Heart & Mind Learnin.
Lean more about it here: http://www.humanext.com/heart-and-mind-learning.html
Orientation Express Managers Guide- CD
By: Susan Robinson, Gayle Hopkins
Engage new employees the first day with this self-directed program
A successful orientation is critical to your new employees’ success on the job. Here’s a self-study program your managers, team leaders and mentors to new employees can use to get new hires off to a great start, reduce anxiety, and create job satisfaction from day one.
Unlike most orientations, the manager takes an active role in this process. You’ll find the technique of self-directed learning paired with follow-up discussions with the manager stimulates the building of solid relationships unlike anything else. Use the program in a group or one-on-one. Either way, it’s the most efficient and effective way to engage new employees and ensure their success.
This CD includes reproducible Employee Workbook
The Employee Workbook includes all the learning assignments, activities and self-check questions organized in three modules:
Getting Started introduces the employee to the organization, benefits, pay system and critical policies and procedures
Getting Knowledgeable focuses on the employee’s role and learning more about the organization
Getting Connected explains long-range goals and strategic plans of the organization and how the employee can grow and develop in their roles
The Manager’s Guide contains instructions, prepared questions and other supporting documents to guide the manager in leading the follow-up discussions. It includes:
The plan and overview for the complete orientation program
Scheduling forms and completion checklists which can serve as the official record of the orientation training
A learning path for each chapter, including the complete set of learning assignments and the learning objectives for that chapter
A complete agenda for each meeting with the employee
Instructions for how each learning assignment is to be completed
With Orientation Express, the next time a new hire arrives the self-study orientation can begin.
Train-the-Trainer Workshop - Best Seller
This proven workshop is for the non-professional trainer who must develop and conduct training sessions on occasion. As jobs change and re-training is needed at an increasing rate, more and more managers and team leaders are being called upon to do training that was formerly done by experienced trainers.
Revised edition includes:
- Completely new chapter on evaluating training
- An inventory to assess a participants' learning styles
- 62 additional overhead transparency masters
- Updated case studies.
- Using Adult Learning Principles
- Analyzing Training Requirements
- Developing Learning Objectives
- Selecting Training Methods
- Developing and Using Training Aids
- Developing a Training Plan
- Using Basic Facilitation Skills
- Handling Problem Situations
- Practice Training (Delivery)
- Using Your Training Skills
- Evaluating Training.
Instructor's Guide with One Participant Workbook $149.95
Additional Participant Coursebooks Each $49.95
Training Clips with CD-ROM $99.95
Training Clips delivers 150 Reproducible Handouts, Discussion Startersâ¦and More... This valuable collection contains 150 reproducible, insightful short pieces on a wide range of management issues and training topics.
Includes a CD-ROM to give you added flexibility to copy clips to your PC for printing, and even allows you to distribute clips via e-mail. It also includes a 350 pages of these materials in a print format, fully reproducible to distribute to trainees.
350 pp/ 3-ring binder with CD-ROM $99.95
Twenty Reproducible Assessment Instruments
This collection of reproducible assessment instruments will:
- Stimulate participant's thinking and awareness about themselves and others
- Provide objective feedback about behavior and performance
- Serve as a basis for discussion and learning, as well as for personal and organizational development.
The twenty assessments in this collection are divided into four sections:
The first , Personal Assessment, contains seven instruments to help individuals learn about themselves in order to more effectively acquire new competencies and meet the challenge of change.
The second, Team Assessment, contains four complimentary instruments to help both team leaders and team members understand the dynamics of the group process.
The third section, Management Assessment, provides five instruments which may be used by individual managers for self-assessment of their managerial role and effectiveness.
The final section, Organizational Assessment, includes four instruments which can be used by HRD specialists or top management to evaluate a company's climate, clarify one's position in the system, and improve meeting management.
The 20 Assessments:
- Human Resources Inventory
- Leadership Motivation Inventory
- Values Imprint Survey
- Quality of Life Index
- Relocation Preparation Index
- Change Inventory for Leaders
- Force Field Analysis Invetory
- Group Maturity Analysis
- Individual Behavior Analysis
- Team Performance Survey
- Team Synergy Analysis Inventory
- High Performance Management Inventory
- Management Communications Inventory
- Managing People Skills Inventory
- Intercultural Relations Inventory
- Inventory of Transformational Management Skills
- Organizational Culture Survey
- Organizational Role & Relationships Inventory
- Organizational Meetings
- Management Inventory
120 pp/ 3-ring binder/ $99.95
Top Ten Training Trends for 2013
HumaNext uses a unique way to determine the top ten training trends of the year. We do not use surveys or polls. We look for the areas in which companies invest their money by buying training programs and tools that address these issues. Because at HumaNext we offer over 1000 products, from training programs and videos, to online courses, off-the-shelf-packages and onsite workshops, we are able to develop a good idea of the kind of topics in which companies and consultants spend most of their money. We also monitor customers’ inquiries and requests for products we might not have, helping us gauge future needs and trends. Based on this approach, here are the top ten training topics and trends we expect for 2013, together with the programs that correspond to them:
- Employee Engagement: Organizations will continue to look for training programs that help them inspire employee engagement during this difficult global economy. Visit: http://www.humanext.com/employee-engagement.html
- Emotional Intelligence: This is still an area where we see a growing demand. A growing number of consultants and trainers are showing interest in helping people acquire emotional intelligence skills at work. HumaNext offers certification on EQ: http://www.humanext.com/eq-certification.html
- Innovation: Many organizations are implementing innovation programs and are seeking resources to help their managers think more creatively. Innovation is becoming what quality used to be: a key competitive weapon. See our creativity page: http://www.humanext.com/creativity.html
- Leadership: Tough times demand bold and effective leadership, hence the expected interest in fresh leadership programs that offer more flexible and innovative leadership development. See “The Coaching Leader- Work as Sports: http://www.humanext.com/work-as-sports.html
- Diversity, Inclusion and Generations at Work: Diversity is an old topic that is enjoying a revival of interest by focusing on new areas of diversity such as generational diversity (the four generations in the workplace), gender diversity, sexual orientation, and special abilities and disabilities. HumaNext offers certification in diversity and inclusion: http://www.humanext.com/diversity.html
- Cultural Competence: Cross Cultural training is enjoying a renewed interest because of the continued global war on terror, wars in foreign countries and cultures, and the forces of economic globalization. HumaNext offers certification: http://www.humanext.com/diversity-certification.html
- Mentoring and Coaching: We see a continuing interest in these two areas. Many organizations are introducing mentoring initiatives and are looking for tools to help them. In the coaching field, many consultants, coaches, and training departments continue to show a need to train managers on coaching skills. See our Mentoring / Coaching page: http://www.humanext.com/coaching-mentoring.html
- Train the Trainer: This is an old area where companies need to train their new trainers or train their managers to facilitate learning. The need is for new more effective and exciting ways of doing this. HumaNext Heart & Mind Learning methodology was created to add more power and excitement to the design and delivery of training, helping many trainers and consultants in this area: http://www.humanext.com/heart-and-mind-learning.html
- Online Instructor-Led Learning: With self-learning online courses everywhere, a related area that offers instructor-facilitated online courses is enjoying an increased attention. It seems that some learners, particularly the young, intensely social generations X and Y, prefer the human interaction offered by this type of online courses. HumaNext is expanding its offerings in this area. Visit: http://www.ed2go.com/humanext/
- Compliance and Ethics: We continue to see a strong need for training in these areas, as a result of the belief that the economic crisis has been created in part by weak oversight and compliance, as well as unethical business practices by some executives. Visit: http://videos4training.com/ethics-training-videos.html
(c) 2013 HumaNext LLC. All rights reserved. You may publish this article on your website with credit to humanext.com as the source.
Session Builders Series 100: 60 Exercises for Management & Supervisory Training
Session Builders Series 100 covers over 20 of the most important management and supervisory skills, from active listening to time management.
With more than 200 exercise options and variations you will always have a choice of realistic, easy-to-use designs that will add “something extra” to your training programs.
Each Session Builder exercise is short, simple to run and debrief. The exercises are provided in a completely detailed manner, so that there are no surprises for the end-user at any point in the training process.
You can use Session Builders to: Build skills / Illustrate concepts /Stimulate discussion / Promote on-the-job application /Reinforce learning /Create a supportive learning climate
Session Builders exercises are flexible, as well: you can use them to help design your own management/supervisory training or as a supplement to your existing program.
Purchase price $249.95
Facilitation Skills Workshop Template in Word Files - Best Seller
This customizable workshop Template is designed for employees in the organization who are responsible for facilitating group discussions or meetings. All the information and exercises can be easily applied to work-related situations. Facilitation Skills is designed to be facilitated in up to two-days, or if you prefer, in a series of short-term meetings.
Participants will learn to
- Identify the key behaviors to be an effective facilitator
- Focus on the structure of the session and not on the content
- Create goals and expectations with internal client contracts
- Develop the agenda, meeting structure and process in advance to maximize participation and results
- Determine their level of empowerment prior to facilitating
- Use their questioning and listening skills as a facilitator to keep the process moving in a positive direction
- Close meetings with group commitment for future actions.
Skills covered include:
- Identifying Desirable Facilitating Behaviors
- Managing Structure, Not Content
- Developing "Client" Contracts
- Understanding the Four Key Criteria to "Client" Contracts
- Developing the Structure and Process for your Meeting
- Clarifying the Facilitator's Level of Empowerment
- Using the Four Key Skills to Effective Facilitation
- Encouraging Participation Through Questions
- Using Key Listening Skills and Avoiding Barriers
- Identifying Blocks to Successful Performance.
Using the power of Microsoft Word, you can modify, change, edit, delete, import, export, copy, paste, add color, logos, clip art, fonts, etc., to this program, just as you would any Word document!
Facilitation Skills Workshop Template in Word/ $149.00
The New Fieldbook for Trainers: Tips, Tools, and Techniques $89.95
This innovative manual is a gold mine of field-tested principles, activities, instruments, and designs. The materials will help you produce high impact training to support performance improvement initiatives for individuals and teams.
Everything is reproducible and even customizable using the word processing files provided on disk.
More than 60 tools, activities, and designs are included. One look through this fieldbook, and you'll agree that it is the most directly beneficial collection of tools for trainers ever assembled under one cover.
- Training Principles and Methods
- Involving Participants
- Processing Learning
- Classroom Management
- Facilitating Meetings
- Trainer Development
- Training Instruments
- Training Needs Assessment
- Team Commitment
- The Focus Group Sensing Scale
- Success Practices
Problem Solving Tools:
364 pages/ 3-ring binder with diskette (files on diskette are in Microsoft Word 7.0 format and PowerPoint 7.0 for Windows) / $89.95
- A Self Assessment
- High-Involvement Learning Activities
- Problem Solving
- High-Involvement Training Designs
- Principles of Adult Learning and Course Design
- Course-Design Resource Worksheet
- Training for Trainers
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Strategic Interventions
- Jones' Intervention Cube
- Team Development Models
- Training as a Strategic Intervention
- Evaluating Training Sessions.
The Complete Guide to Systems Thinking and Learning Manual
The Complete Guide to Systems Thinking and Learning uses the Systems Thinking ApproachTM to guide transformation change in our personal lives and organizations. Systems Thinking was first popularized in 1990 by Peter Senge with his best-selling book, The Fifth Discipline.
Unlike Analytical Thinking where the parts are primary and the whole is secondary, in Systems Thinking, the whole is primary and the parts are secondary.
The Complete Guide to Systems Learning $99.00
Computerized Job Aids for Trainers: Instructional Design Made Easy
Need a new format for a lesson plan or a better way to assess your training needs? Why reinvent the wheel? Save time with this collection of fully reproducible and customizable resources! The disk contains 32 templates to simplify your work in each phase of the instructional systems design process.
The loose-leaf manual includes another 35 job aids as well as printouts of all of the templates from the disk. The manual also includes advice and timesaving shortcuts to use during the ISD process, and tips for customizing the templates to meet your unique training needs.
This product is the culmination of 20 years of experience in all facets of instructional systems design(analysis, design, development, delivery, and evaluation) and is sure to add a professional look to your training materials.
Templates and job aids are included for:
- Needs assessment surveys
- Course design documents
- Lesson plans
- Evaluation instruments... and more.
108 pp/ Binder with disk/ MS Word / $99.95
Applied Strategic Planning: Consultant's Toolkit, 2nd Edition
Applied Strategic Planning: The Consultant's Toolkit is a powerful aid to consultants, facilitators
and change agents engaged in implementing strategic planning with organizational- and executive-planning
This revised edition of the best-selling toolkit incorporates the most recent theory and research into
strategic planning, as well as advances in the ASP model since the first edition was published. The kit
includes all the materials required to guide the planning team toward an effective strategic plan, and
follows the proven, nine-step ASP model.
Loose-leaf - 576 pages
The Total Onboarding Program: An Integrated Approach to Recruiting, Hiring, and Accelerating Talent - Facilitators Guide Set
Help New & Recently HIred Employees Hit the Ground Running
The Total Onboarding Program provides training and HR professionals with a detailed approach for bringing new and recently promoted employees up to speed and productive in half the usual time. In this Facilitator's Guide set, George Bradt -- author of The New Leader's 100-Day Action Plan -- and Ed Bancroft share a complete training package of proven tools, techniques, and tricks of the trade that help organizations reduce hiring or promoting risk and increase retention rates, identify and avoid the most prevalent landmines that derail new hires, and develop an onboarding framework that can be consistently deployed in any organization.
Based on years of experience working with Fortune 500 companies, the authors techniques will inspire and enable new employees to deliver better results faster. Their program presents the core concepts of onboarding: alignment, acquisition, accommodation, assimilation, and acceleration and includes agendas, worksheets, and slides for five meetings and 11 workshops, ranging in time from two hours to two days, so you are completely prepared to present the program to teammates.
Loose-leaf, 352 pages, published September 2010
Purchase The Total Onboarding Program: Facilitators Guide Set for $495.00
2010 Pfeiffer Annual Set: Training and Consulting
Author Elaine Biech, November 2009
This set contains both The 2010 Pfeiffer Annual: Training and The 2010 Pfeiffer Annual:
Purchase includes access to an associated website which features customizable versions of the reproducible items
associated with each activity included in the volume.
Hardcover - 656 pages
The 2011 Pfeiffer Annual: Training
Elaine Biech, November 2010
The Leader in Resources for Training & HR Professionals for the Past Four Decades
Organizations that thrive in today's competitive marketplace are those that make a firm commitment to
training and development. And successful trainers stay at the top of their profession by accessing the most
recent and important information, tools, and resources in the field.
The 2011 Pfeiffer Training Annual offers a hands-on guide to the latest thinking and recent approaches
to training and development. This year's Annual presents a "organizational dynamics" theme. The
contributors address the many factors that affect how well the people and process react when brought
together and how they function as a singular entity to accomplish a task.
The Annual is divided into four sections: Experiential Learning Activities (ELAs); Editor's Choice;
Inventories, Questionnaires, and Surveys; and Articles and Discussion Resources. The fourth section,
Editor's Choice, includes cutting edge material to help trainers stay on top of the key trends in the
ELAs are the mainstay of the Annual. The activities are presented as complete and ready-to-use training
designs. You'll find ELAs from top training leaders: Kris Downing, Joanne Sujansky and Jan Ferri-Reed.
The instrument section introduces reliable survey and assessment tools for gathering and sharing data on
aspects of change and leadership best practices.
The articles section presents the best current thinking about training. Use these for your own
professional development or as a lecture resource within your trainings. Must-haves in this section include
articles by Leonard D. Goodstein and Eric P. Prien as well as Prakash K. Nair and Toby M. Egan that address
the organizational dynamics theme. The depth and breadth of available resources—new content is added to the
Annual each year—ensures a steady stream of contemporary knowledge and tools. Use the Annual to keep on top
of developments within the training and HR profession, dip into the content for an activity or instrument
that targets a specific performance problem, combine activities to create an entire development program, or
learn how others in the profession are tackling the ever-increasing challenges of building and developing a
capable and productive workforce.
The materials--articles, experiential learning activities and instruments--can be fully reproduced for training purposes from the accompanying CD-ROM.
Hardcover - 320 pages
The 2011 Pfeiffer Annual: Consulting
Elaine Biech, November 2010
The Pfeiffer Annuals provide a source of new ideas and proven solutions contributed by practitioners, subject matter experts and consultants from the field of human resource development. The materials--articles, experiential learning activities and instruments--can be fully reproduced for training purposes from the accompanying CD-ROM
hardcover, 320 pages/ $95.00
Pfeiffer Library CD-ROM Version 4.0
Software, December 2007
Announcing the new Pfeiffer Library CD-ROM (version 4.0), bringing together more than 2,500 exercises, assessments, and games for trainers!
What's new about this edition?
Resources far beyond the Pfeiffer Annuals - for the first time, this new edition features training games and activities, icebreakers, openers, energizers, closers, and other training activities from a wide variety of Pfeiffer’s best authors, in addition to the entire collection of the Pfeiffer Annuals
A brand new interface - new and completely redesigned, making this application run smoother than ever before, while being super-intuitive and user-friendly
Advanced search functionality- easier access to the tools you need. Search by topic, method (type of tool), time required, author, or keyword
New user’s guide - more user-friendly and complete. Designed to get you up and running immediately
This unparalleled collection contains proven training activities, instruments, essays, and theories from the most respected professionals in the training and development field. There’s never been an electronic training library like this one! In just a few clicks, you can have a training solution that is right for your specific situation. Then simply customize it as you see fit (add your company logo, contact information, etc.) and print. It’s that fast and easy!
Training Videos on All Key Skills by Leading Producers at One Website
Get a valuable free gift with your order of any of our vast library of training videos.
For training videos on this and other topics Click here
For Online courses on this and other topics Click here
For Organizational / Employee Communication Click here