Create better customer service and a positive work culture with our Free newsletter
Below is a selection of some of the most powerful customer service tools and training. Stay in touch with the latest in customer service training, tools, and programs, and other performance skills at work by registering below to receive our popular ‘Thank God It’s Monday’ newsletter FREE.
30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee (except software)
Smile! The new customer service video about the bus driver Seattle is talking about
Hot off the press! 3.5 stars evaluation (out of 4 maximum) for SMILE! from Training Media Review, the respected independent review organization.
The video is great fun! I hope to take a ride on Reggie's bus sometime! Thank you. " HR- Training, Gov. agency.
Smile! is the new customer service video hit featuring Reggie Wilson, a real person who drives a bus in Seattle. It’s a thankless job filled with stress, time pressures and difficult customers. So, why does he love it so much? And, why would busy people actually wait for him to serve them? Because Reggie is a happy employee who makes his customers smile! by applying his SMILE way of being and working that he now teaches in this video.
Join Reggie on the #27 and watch as he transforms a dreary bus ride into an experience his customers look forward to. It's a ride you'll never forget! SMILE! is for people and organizations who want to deliver great customer service - and have a great time doing it.
Sincerity - Motivation - Integrity - Laughter - Enthusiasm... These words, that make the SMILE word, are the key to how Reggie keeps a positive attitude that enables him to dazzle his customers. He even sings about it! The SMILE! song is now a regular feature on the #27 from downtown Seattle to Coleman Park.
What Customers Said About This Best Selling Video
"I enjoy the program a great deal. I use it in my orientation program. It picks everyone up and we have a great time. Reggie is such an engaging character that it's almost impossible not to get involved with the video. By the time I have people moving their chairs and singing, they are ready to meet Reggie. We set up the chairs in rows with an aisle- just like a bus- and we sing along. Oh, and we all wear the SMILE! buttons, too! "
- Candy Gusst, Director, Training, Beneficial Savings Bank
"I did the training yesterday with a mixed group of frontline employees. The video was a hit and the small group discussion revolved around people taking responsibility for their own attitudes. I would say that the main learning point, for this group, was that they have control over how their day goes. This was a novel idea for many of them. I was happy to see some lights go on."
- Daphne Wright Director- Training and Education, South Georgia Medical Center
The SMILE! training package includes: One 12 minute video, one 25 page Facilitator's Guide complete with large group and small group exercises, participant sheets (reproducible) and background articles about the Inside-Out Model for Customer Service, creating joy at work and the value of laughter at work, plus 10 - Buttons (just like Reggie's SMILE sign.)
Available in DVD or VHS format.
PURCHASE CORPORATE $595
(Discount is available for government, non-profits, and educational institutions)
Government: Purchase at $535
Non-Profits or Educational Entities purchase for $446.25
Rent for $250
For a FREE preview email your request and information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Service Leadership Facilitator Guide
Authors: Gary Heil and Rick Tate
This training is designed for managers and executives. It teaches 10 proven strategies for creating a service culture in your organization. There are lesson plans for 1 or 2 day workshops and there are 72 power point slides.
10 Proven Strategies:
- Making a commitment to service
- Turning mistakes into service opportunities
- Continuous improvement
- Listening to--and acting on--new ideas
- Facilitating the changing role of management
- Defining the playing field
- Giving employees autonomy
- Measuring service performance
- Holding everyone accountableCelebrating sustained performance
Purchase Price 195.00
600 Pages Manual of Reproducible Customer Service Best Practices, Case Studies, Tools, Surveys, Handouts & More - $89.95
This practical, customizable new resource manual by Ron Semke & John A. Woods includes 38 carefully chosen training tools, case studies, articles, and job aids that you can use to positively impact your customer service through training, benchmarking, and new processes.
With an emphasis on what, why, and especially how-to, the information in this manual will help customer service managers, trainers, and frontline associates develop more effective practices, policies and procedures.
All materials are fully reproducible which makes them especially useful as handouts, job aids, newsletter items, and training tools. In addition, selected resources are included on diskette for easy customization and reproduction. All materials are provided in Microsoft Word, so you can add your company name and logo to give your resources a customized look.
Tools, Topics and Resources Included are:
- How to quantify the payoff in improved customer service
- Special section on customer service and the internet
- Special appendix-benchmarking your customer service with findings from the 1996 International Customer Service Association (ICSA) study
- 38-item self assessment to evaluate your current service level
- Coaching for customer service
- Practical Models for Managing the Customer Service Department
- How to Create a Plan to Deliver Superior Customer Service
- Training for Success Through Service: How Delta Airlines Does It
- Maintaining Superior Service During Periods of Peak Demand
- Creating the Sounds of Quality: Delivering Great Service on the Telephone
- The Ten Practices of Exceptional Service
- Customer Surveys that Deliver Actionable Information
- Customer Problems and Problem Customers
- Service Recovery: Turning Oops! into Opportunity (Ron Zemke)
- Using H.E.A.T. Technique
- Customer Service on the Internet
- The Departure Process at Southwest Airlines... and more.
600 pages/ 3-ring binder with Diskette / $89.95
20 Training Wokshops for Customer Service. Two Volumes $139.95 Each
Enhance customer service at all levels of your organization with these two volumes of 20 ready-to-use training workshops. Each workshop includes detailed trainer's notes, transparency masters, and participant handouts. All materials are fully reproducible which makes them an excellent value for your training dollar!
Volume 1: Training Objectives and Selected Contents:
Develop the core skills at the root of good service
Overcome common service problem areas
Enhance the quality of service at all levels of an organization
Selected Contents: Who Are My Customers?... Moments of Truth... Thinking Sales... Complaints and You... Beating the Clock... Teamwork... Managing Customer Service...
Volume 2 Training Objectives and Selected Contents:
Selected Contents: Mission Statements.. Service Action Plans... Setting Standards of Services... Measuring Customers Service... The Internal Customer...
- Develop a cohesive customer service policy
- Identify service improvement opportunities
- Measure customer service effectiveness
Volume 1/ 584 pp/ 3-ring binder/ $139.95
Volume 2: 368 pp/ 3-ring binder/ $139.95
New! 50 Activities for Achieving Excellent Customer Service
Part of the Best-Selling 50 Activities Series!
This resource manual provides:
- Activities that are sensitive to the new revolution taking place in customer service and meeting customer demands.
- Identification and creation of memorable experiences for your customer service representatives and their customers
- A valuable treasure of resources whether you are a seasoned veteran, a trainer/facilitator with middle of the road years of experience, or a newcomer or occasional trainer.
- 50 high quality activities which may be easily aligned with the specific needs and identified competencies within your customer service area.
- User friendly activities which take you step by step through the training process, allowing you to easily deliver high impact training that makes a difference.
- Activities which are easily customized to your needs and include a number of variations and additional insights and ideas to make them the “right fit” for your programs.
- A CD Documenter to identify and develop your own customized collection of customer service interactions within your organization.
- Powerful bonus sections are included to complement and support your customer service core values and enhance performance.
- A complementary copy of Excuses, Excuses, Excuses...For Not Delivering Excellent Customer Service—And What Should Happen!
- Effective tools to assist you in attaining the next level of success with that individual who needs to be your primary focus—the Customer!
- Increase the creativity and skill level of customer service representatives
- Demonstrate what excellent customer service is
- Provide insights and practice to improve customer service
- Develop your own organizations bank of customer service learning situations
Training Methods include: Role plays / Assessments / Brainstorming / Listening exercises
Time Guidelines: Activities take between 15 minutes and one hour.
275 pp/ 3-ring binder/ $149.95
Customer Service Customizable Workshop in Word 2000 with PowerPoints $149.00
This fully reproducible and customizable skill-based workshop is designed for employees in the organization who are in customer service roles with internal or external customers. All the information and exercises can be easily applied to work-related situations. Customer Service is designed to be facilitated in up to two-days, or if you prefer, in a series of short-term meetings.
Participants will learn to:
- Build trust and encourage repeat business
- Increase customer satisfaction from internal and external customers
- Determine what customers really want and how to meet those needs
- Deal with dissatisfied customers or colleagues
- Adopt a professional, friendly perspective throughout conversations
- Work toward positive outcomes
- Create rapport with any customer or co-worker.
The skills covered include:
- Identifying Service Excellence
- Doing a Customer Service Analysis
- Identifying "Blocks" to Excellent Customer Service
- Identifying Key Customer Service Skills
- Recognizing the Customer's Emotional Level
- Identifying Positive and Negative Listening Responses
- Using Questions to Gather Information
- Presenting Information to Customers
- Developing Effective Language to Satisfy Customers
- Dealing with Anger and Other Negative Emotions in Customers
- Determining Your Level of Empowerment with Customers
- Identifying Blocks to Successful Performance.
Using the power of Microsoft Word 2000, you can modify, change, edit, delete, import, export, copy, paste, add color, logos, clip art, fonts, etc., to this program, just as you would any Word document! This program comes in two Word files - Participant’s Workbook and Facilitator’s Guide.
this program files will be emailed upon purchase.
Customer Service in Word Files and PowerPoints/ $149.00
5 Values of Great Customer Service: Serving ALL Customers (No Matter Their Differences) Training Video
This powerful video based training program can be purchesed to be facilitated by your trainers or managers.
- Better understand how to provide ALL customers, no matter what their cultural backgrounds or other differences, with GREAT customer service.
- Be aware that how customers perceive the service we offer and how we perceive the needs of our customers may depend on their (and our own) personal and cultural perspectives.
- Develop a values-based approach to customer service.
- Become familiar with the G R E A T acronym and know how to apply it to our relations with our customers
- The 5 Values of GREAT Customer Service opens with a series of 5 dramatizations. Each of these underscores one of the values we will explore.
- Show Respect - Every customer is your most important customer.
- Personalize - Avoid preconceived notions and stereotypes.
- Pay Attention - Assess how customers want to be served and adjust.
- Show You Care - Present a positive, supportive attitude.
- Advocate - Stay on your customer's side.
A diverse group of customers share their personal experiences and feelings to help bring the impact of the 5 Values to life.
Available in DVD or VHS format.
Purchase for $625.00
20% discount available on purchase price for schools, colleges, government, and non-profit entities. discounts to be applied upon settling the orders.
Rent it (5 Days) for $295.00
This video program is available for Streaming.
for information on streaming this program, and for a Free Preview email your information and request to email@example.com
Customer Service Commitment Profile & Guide
This profile is designed to help individuals understand how effective they are at providing excellent customer service. This is accomplished by looking at how the individual assesses their own effectiveness, as well as how they think the organization as a whole is doing in the area of customer service excellence.
The Customer Service Commitment Profile breaks customer service into six competencies:
- Service Leadership, Vision and Commitment
- Feedback and the Voice of the Customer
- Establishing Service Standards
- Empowering People to Serve the Customer
- Customer-Serving Processes and Systems
- Rewards and Recognition for Service Excellence
Interpretive information and action-steps for both high and low scores are included. The Facilitator’s Guide includes steps for administration, interpretation, and coaching suggestions.
Package includes Facilitator's Guide with one Profile/ $99.95
Additional Profiles are sold in packs of 5 profiles each for $49.75
The Service Pro: Better, Faster and Different - The Complete Customer Service Program for Your Leaders and Frontline Staff -Print and Video
Now you can create an organization of "Service Pros"—and build a competitive advantage—quickly and cost-effectively
Looking for an effective, entertaining and efficient way to teach employees and leaders the critical elements for building an outstanding service reputation? Look no further. The comprehensive Service Pro program is everything you ever wanted in a service training program—and much more.
The Service Pro provides meaningful content . . . compelling interactivity . . . award-winning video segments . . . and a concentrated learning format. All at a price that makes it the best value in the market today.
Finally . . . service training that makes a difference. If you don’t already have an organization of Service Pros, get and implement this cutting-edge training program—before your competition does. Why? Because Service Pros truly care that the customer has a great experience. They’re passionate about being the best they can be with customers. They’ll earn repeat business . . . drive in valuable referrals . . . enhance your industry reputation. . .
Service Pro packs more meaningful learning into less time than any other training program. The Service Pro program uses customer situations, combined with the latest customer research, to explore the best ways to treat customers. The common-sense content will impact the beliefs and attitudes of individuals—and dramatically increase their knowledge base.
The Service Pro program comes with all the tools you need to succeed—including a dramatic video, useful customer service stories, exercises, appendices and more. Just plug and play and you’re on your way. There is one program for your frontline employees, and one for the organization's leaders. Read below...
For Frontline Employees: The Service Pro: Better, Faster and Different $495
This front-line employee training program presents a framework for improving service quality where it counts – at the point of contact with the customer. It teaches employees key concepts that win customers and drive loyalty.
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognize the challenges in an economy in which the customer has the power / Enhance their personal competencies in the area of service quality
- Learn the whys that support specific customer service tactics
- Understand the economic impact service quality can have—personally and for their organization.
The Service Pro: Better, Faster and Different package for employees includes:-- Facilitator's Guide which contains step-by-step instructions for a 1-day training program / PowerPoint® presentation / Video / 5 Participant Workbooks / 5 copies of The Service Pro book
Purchase price $495.00
Additional workbooks (Pack of 5) $74.75
For Leaders: The Service Pro: Service Leadership $495.00
Your leaders should attend this program just before or after they have participated in The Service Pro: Better, Faster and Different training program. It presents proven strategies and techniques to motivate employees and lead an organization that is truly focused on customers and providing outstanding customer service.
Leaders will learn how to:
- Define reality with customer information, listening strategies and measurement
- Align the system and remove barriers to service success
- Level the playing field with performance boundaries, accountability and recognition
The Service Pro: Service Leadership package includes: Facilitator’s Guide which contains step-by-step instructions for a 1-day training program / PowerPoint® presentation / DVD / 5 Leader Workbooks / 5 copies of The Service Pro book /Purchase for $495.00
Additional leader's workbooks (pack of 5) $74.75
25 Reproducible Activities for Customer Service Excellence By Peter Garber
Make it easy for employees to provide great customer service with this collection of motivating and skill-building activities.
There’s no need for a special training facility, no huge costs involved, or no prior training experience required. All you need is a group of employees who are committed to giving customers what they rightfully deserve—excellent service.
Every topic critical to customer service is addressed in five convenient parts:
• Phone Power
• Customer Service Skills
• Customer Service Strategies
• Achieving Results
The fun and easy-to-use activities incorporate exercises, questionnaires, quizzes, facts, role plays, philosophies, characterizations, profiles, assessments, strategies, surveys, matrices, and other tools. Most can be completed in 15–30 minutes.
Areas covered include:
the customer’s first impression / customer paradigms / listening to the customer / finding out who the customer really is /how rumors get started and spread / the importance of telephone greeting messages / dealing with telephone tag / telephone communications / understanding what the customer really wants / characteristics of successful customer service / customer service diseases / developing your personal improvement plan / personalities of potential buyers / types of customers / customer complaints / tips for selling your product or service / positive and negative words / winning and losing the customer /logic vs emotion in selling
Purchase / $99.95
Customer Service Skills Profile
Make great service an everyday occurrence customers can count on This easy-to-use assessment solves one of your biggest headaches in customer service—ensuring consistency in your staff's performance.
How? By giving employees a clear picture of their unique strengths and areas they need to work on—and the motivation to acquire all the skills of an all-around good customer service giver.
Employees can rate themselves in seven competency areas widely considered to be critical to the ability to provide exemplary service:
- Communicating clearly
- Engaging in joint problem solving
- Building warmth and empathy
- Attentive listening
- Resolving conflict
- Carefully negotiating
The questionnaire uses graduated response scales (almost never to almost always) that help employees draw accurate conclusions about how skilled they presently are in customer service. The tool quickly generates insights that deliver results again and again as employees seriously consider how well they:
- Demonstrate an open, give-and-take attitude toward other people and customers
- Hear and understand customers and help them successfully convey what they think and feel
- Make themselves understood when communicating with all kinds of people
- Use a positive, constructive, and solution-focused approach whenever conflict arises
- Analyze situations and customer concerns and suggest actions that can help resolve problems
- Negotiate to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Build a spirit of trust and sincerity to make customers feel they identify with them and care about their concerns
Facilitator's Guide with one Profile / $99.95
Additional Skills Profile Assessment / Pack of 5 / $49.75
Get These Great Customer Service Focused Magazines At No Cost!
Each month, Call Center Magazine keeps its more than 60,000 readers current on the latest products and services that businesses depend on to serve their customers by phone and on-line.
CRM magazine's goal is to foster and promote an understanding of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and the associated business and technological strategies.
The Multicultural Customer Training Video Program
What is courteous in one culture, may be disastrously discourteous in another!
Learn how to satisfy the different expectations of customers with this video designed to help employees provide effective customer service to all external multicultural customers --face-to-face and on the telephone.
This powerful training video offers over twenty strategies to help people adapt their traditional customer service skills to domestic and international customers of all cultures. In addition to some basic interpersonal skills, the video offers specific techniques to help talk to customers who have a heavy accent or who may not be fluent in their language.
20 min. training video - Available in DVD format- includes Leader's Guide.
Purchase for $595
For a Free Preview email your request and information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
T.H.A.N.K.S. - Enlightened Customer Service - Customer Service Over the Phone
In one way or another, every call impacts your bottomline. A poorly handled call can cause the caller to cancel your service or an order, call the competition, or tell others how they were treated. On the other hand, one professionally handled call could product your largest customer ever.
How-To points to get your employees started:
- Increase revenue through up-selling and cross-selling
- Build market share by turning shoppers into customers
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Enhance productivity through improved call efficiency
The T.H.A.N.K.S. process:
- T. Thank the caller
- H. Hear the caller out
- A. Assess the situation
- N. Needs fulfillment
- K. Keep the responsibility
- S. Sell something extra
Video Length: 17 minutes
Training Package Includes: Facilitator Guide Participant Workbook
Purchase for $695
For Free Review email your request and information to: email@example.com
Telephone Courtesy: Two Training Videos
Two Great Videos with Trainer's Guide and Materials to Deliver a Complete Training Experience to 25 Persons
Video 1: Telephone Courtesy - You Are the Company:
This concise, 12-minute program will assure that everyone who picks up the phone in your office or business knows how to demonstrate good telephone courtesy and understands how important the telephone image you project can be to your business.
Learn how to:
Politely ask a caller to hold
Take accurate messages.
Assure callers that they are being listened to.
Transfer and forward calls.
Leave recorded messages.
"Telephone Courtesy: You Are the Company" is a quick, efficient way to ensure that your organization always projects a responsive, professional image.
Available with Spanish subtitles, by request.
Video 2: Telephone Courtesy Pays - The Professional's Guide to Courteous, Efficient Telephone Service
"It was great! No improvements needed. An excellent product!" Gail Gallegos, Retail Technologies International, Carmichael, CA
Learn how to:
- Handle multiple calls.
- Transfer calls..
- Solve communication problems.
- Resolve problems.
- Take clear messages.
- Use voice mail effectively.
Excellent telephone skills increase customer satisfaction and assure that you won't miss important business opportunities. Be confident that your company is presenting a professional telephone image.
Video 2: VHS / Length: 23 mins.
Video 1 + Video 2 (Total of 35 min.) + A Trainers Pack with a comprehensive trainer's manual and Materials to train 25 persons with checklists and role-play exercises: All for $197.95
Dealing with the Irate Customer & Listening Under Pressure - Two Videos
Two Powerful Videos to Serve the Difficult Customer & Communicating Under Pressure
1- Dealing With the Irate Customer: The Professional's Guide to Handling Difficult Customers.
Angry customers hurt your company's image, disrupt your workday, and cost your company business. Learn how to resolve disputes and calm angry customers quickly and professionally. Learn how to:
- Rephrase the customer's statement
- Acknowledge the customer's feelings.
- State the company's position.
- Ask questions and confirm answers.
- Allow the customer choices.
- Find mutually acceptable solutions.
Length: 15 mins.
2- Listening Under Pressure: Hearing What Customers Are Really Saying
Fast, clear communication is essential especially when the pressure is on. Watch others demonstrate the techniques they use to assure that the message always gets through. Objectives: To demonstrate the importance of being a good listener, especially in high-pressure situations, both with customers and with other employees.
Key Training Points
- Avoid distractions.
- Restate messages in their own words.
- Ask direct and specific questions.
- Keep an open mind and evaluate the message, not the person.
Length: 15 mins.
Get the Two Videos for $308.00
For training videos on this and other topics Click here
For Online courses on this and other topics Click here
For Organizational / Employee Communication Click here