For your effective presentations, we offer presentation skills training programs and videos, presentation tools, PowerPoint add-ons and tools, and presentation boosting software.
Register below to get our popular "Thank God It's Monday" newsletter. It brings you powerful ideas for transforming the way you work, communicate, and collaborate with others.
Use PeP to Evaluate and Boost the Effectiveness of Presentations Throughout the Organization
Your presentations can make or break your career. Improving the effectiveness of your presentations, and those of your team members, can go a long way toward helping you achieve more dramatic results. And now there is a quantifiable way to assess and improve the effectiveness of your presentations in all formats:
PeP: The Reproducible, Customizable, Presentation Evaluation Profile for your entire team.
Based on over twenty years of experience in the presentations, communications, and training fields, we developed PeP to be an easy to use, self-scoring, and 360 degree others' scoring tool that delivers instant results revealing the degree of effectiveness of your presentations and the presentations of others, and much more.
How PeP Will Dramatically Improve Your Presentations
- PeP consists of questions covering the 25 most critical aspects of presentations development and delivery. From preparation and planning, to purpose, messages and messenger, to the use of aides and influencing techniques.
- PeP enables you to evaluate your own presentation
PeP uses a 360 format to give you the benefit of discovering how others see and evaluate your presentation.
PeP enables you to quickly identify the areas that need improvements and guides you on how to do it.
PeP enables you to keep track of your improvements, in numbers, until you master the art of presentations at its best.
PeP also reveals your Blind Spot regarding your presentation's delivery, style, and effectiveness.
- PeP identifies the gap between the way you perceive your presentation and the way others actually respond to your presentations. This revelation is the most useful insight you can get regarding your own presentation effectiveness.
PeP is easy and fast to use, takes about 15 minutes to complete for each user.
- PeP will guide you through the necessary steps toward significantly improving your presentation development and delivery.
PeP comes with a Presentation Planning and Outline Creation Template that enables you to quickly create a presentation following the outline and steps provided.
PeP is delivered to you in an electronic format (MS Word) so that you can print as many copies of it as you need to evaluate and improve the presentations of all your team members, managers, or trainees.
The presentation skills of your entire team, department, or organizations can be evaluated, measured, tracked and improved for a small one time investment.
Who Can Benefit from PeP?
Managers presenting to their staff / Sales professionals / Trainers / Teachers / Educators / Communicators / Public Speakers / Lawyers / Public Officials / Politicians / Teams making presentations.
PeP is delivered in an electronic format (MS Word). A Complete File of Reproducible PeP (Self) and Three (Others) Profiles, plus a Presentation Planning Template, and a User's Guide for $69
How To Influence Your Audience: Delivering Powerful Presentations
How effective are your presentations? Do people seem captured by your words, data, and graphics? Do they look at you and your slides with intense interest? Do they come to you after the presentation commending you and asking for more on the subject? Perhaps that level of presentation success happens only once in a long while. People say that most presentations are boring and ineffective. How can you make yours more interesting and influential? Here are the techniques that work best:
- Know your subject: The one element that can make your presentation much easier on you and more influential to your audience is your mastery of the subject. Practice giving a presentation on your topic until you are confident that you know your topic inside out without having to look at slides or notes.
- Speak to your audience's interest: It's amazing how many presenters stand up and start talking about their project, their ideas, their product, as it what is of interest to them is also of interest to their audience. Follow the WIFM concept (What's In It Form Me?) Tell your audience at the outset how what you will be talking about is going to benefit them.
- Speak the language of your listeners: A key concept in effective communication is to speak in the language of your listener. This means that you must not speak in your own preferred language, style, and point of view. If you want to be effective, you must make sure that you reach the audience by adopting their language, their style, their way of seeing things, and their level of comprehension. If you don't reach them, you don't influence them.
- Talk to group one person at a time: Don't look in the outer space. Look at your audience one at a time. Spend a few seconds looking in the eyes of each person sitting in front of you, then move slowly to the next. This way each person will feel that you are talking to him or her personally.
- Make it personal. Make it human: Even if your presentation is technical, make it as human as you can. You make your presentation human by making it personal. Talk about your personal experience. Describe how you felt when. Be vulnerable. Be authentic. By funny, without necessarily telling jokes. Be natural. Be human.
- Engage your audience: Communication is a two way street. Avoid giving one-way speeches. Fill your presentations with questions that require your audiences' answers. Use quizzes to intrigue them. Ask those who have similar experiences to raise their hands. Get them involved. If you have time, give them time to speak and present their view points.
- Perform: Being natural and authentic does not mean you stand up there whispering in your normal voice. If you are presenting then you are on stage. You must perform. You need to raise your voice, move, waive your hands. You are the center of attention and the focal point of your audience. Don't let them sleep in their seats. Your movements, voice, and body language should all be dynamic enough to keep your audience awake and interested.
(c) 2009 HumaNext - Get the entire program of 30 inspiring and educational 'CommUnicate' articles like this one - use two a month for 15 months- to post on your Intranet, publish as a regular column in your publication, or copy and hand-out in meetings- to help people communicate more effectively at work for just $129.
Slides That Win: The Ultimate Tool to Create Great PowerPoint Presentations $79
There is not another product like Slides That Win on the market. Compare and use over 300 before-and-after PowerPoint slide examples. Save hours of time to create professional looking slides that achieve results for your presentations. Slides That Win was created using PowerPoint so you can replicate and use the examples.
Copy and use the designs on the Slides That Win CD. Create professional-looking slides. Save hours creating slides. Give confident presentations. You will also get free backgrounds from Jennifer Rotondo of Creative Minds, free presentation and design articles, and PowerPlugs examples.
See examples of what to do and not to do. Instantly apply the tips and tricks to your presentation. When you like an example, you can copy and paste it into your presentation.
In Slides That Win you'll learn to compare over 300 before-and-after PowerPoint slides
You'll learn to compare over 300 before-and-after PowerPoint slide examples, understanding what makes an effective slide.
You'll get Design Tips, PowerPoint Tips and Delivery Tips.
Claudyne Wilder, author of Point, Click & Wow! and The Presentations Kit: 10 Steps for Selling Your Ideas! and Jennifer Rotondo, Microsoft Certified PowerPoint Expert, have combined their twenty years of presentation experience into this powerful CD.
Order Now for $79.00
Presentations In A Hurry: Create an organized, professional presentation in half the time
Are you spending nights and weekends slaving over PowerPoint presentations? Presentations In A Hurry will help you regain your life and get back to your business.
Presentations in a Hurry: 26 Formats That Persuade CD PowerPoint shells covering 26 of the most common presentation scenarios, from problem analysis, communicating bad news, Investor Relations, New Project Proposal and Product Launch to Project Progress Report, fund raising, and many other topics. Simply follow the content recommendations and, once you drop in the text, your presentation will be complete. Every shell also includes a template design, plus custom graphics and appropriate imagery. Save hours of time creating your slide presentations. More importantly, they will look professional and enhance your confidence while talking.
Why do you need Presentations in a Hurry?
In school learning information is very important. Out in the real world, however, learning how to present information is even more important. Lack of information is not the problem for most peopleâthey're overloaded with too much already. The presenter's challenge is to organize the data so the audience understands and, usually, agrees to take specific action. If you are like most people, you were never trained to organize dataâknowing what to leave out, putting it in easily understandable chunks, and showing it graphically. Too many presenters feel frustrated because they know their presentations are poorly organized, visually cluttered, and hard to follow. But they weren't hired because they were professional graphic designers or good public speakers. They were hired to do a job.
Do you want to use PowerPoint like a pro?
With this system, anyone can create presentations that really harness the amazing toolkit within PowerPoint. Even people with little or no experience will be able to create carefully organized, attractive presentations that hold their audiences' attention. And because these presentation shells walk you through the process so quickly, they free up your time to focus on what you do best.
How will Presentations in a Hurry benefit you?
- Time savings: Free up your time to get back to your business.
- Increased productivity: Raise your productivity by focusing on the right things.
- More confidence: Increase your confidence with focused, well-designed, high-quality presentations.
- Audience appreciation: When your audience can easily follow your train of thought in a presentation, they will stay interested and be able to make decisions based on your talk. Carefully chosen, sophisticated graphical designs illustrate key concepts and keep your audience's attention.
- Cutting out unnecessary details: Don't present information your audience does not want to see or hear! Learn how to eliminate it.
Presentation Shell Topics
Communicate the Bad News
Company Strategic Analysis
Convince People of a Problem
Identify the Problem
New Project Proposal
Potential Problem Analysis
||Project Progress Report|
Recommend an Alternative
Satisfying Our Customers
Sell to Customer Interests
Non-Profit Fund Raising
Each Presentations in a Hurry topic has two PowerPoint files
The presentation file includes 10 to 15 slides that organize your content. Graphical images help you display what you want to say. Besides the professionally designed backgrounds, every file has a plain dark and a plain light background to use with diagrams and charts. Notes on several slides suggest the best way to design a powerful presentation. Every topic gives you a slide to define your audience objective. By filling it out before you create your slides, you will include only the information needed to reach your presentation's objective. You won't spend time inputting information of little interest to your audience.
The "how-to" file tells you when to use this shell and shows you a filled out audience-objective slide. You can read advice on how to create slides and how to deliver an effective presentation on this topic. You also see 10 Delivery Tips that will remind you of best practices for presenters.
Order Presentation In A Hurry for $99.95
Presentation Skills in Word Files & PowerPoints$149.00
This fully reproducible and customizable workshop is designed for employees in the organization who are responsible for giving presentations to internal or external customers. All the information and exercises can be easily applied to work-related situations. Presentation Skills is designed to be facilitated in up to two-days, or if you prefer, in a series of short-term meetings.
Participants will learn to:
- Improve the quality of presentations through better use of the voice, eyes, gestures, posture and movement;
- Engage audiences mentally and physically;
- Use a presentation framework that ensures audience members know the goals and objectives for their presentation;
- Generate immediate interest in their presentation;
- Use their skills and creativity to maintain the interest of audience members;
- Use visual aids
- Use a podium in more formal presentations;
- Give "group" or "team" presentations
Skills covered include:
- Understanding the Two Key Roles of Effective Presenters;
- Developing Your Voice;
- Using Eye Contact, Gestures, Posture and Movement for Maximum Impact;
- Preparing Concise, Hard-Hitting and Memorable Presentations;
- Defining Meaningful Objectives for Presenter and Audiences Alike;
- Creating Opening Statements that Grab the Audience;
- Designing the Body to Support your Objectives and Opening Statements;
- Successfully Closing the Presentation;
- Giving Podium Presentations;
- Handling Questions from the Audience;
- Identifying Blocks to Successful Performance.
Using the power of Microsoft Word, you can modify, change, edit, delete, import, export, copy, paste, add color, logos, clip art, fonts, etc., to this program, just as you would any Word document! Files include the Participantâs Workbook and Facilitatorâs Guide.
Presentation Skills Workshop / $149.00
Flip Chart Magic: Building and Using Effective Flip Charts in Training Sessions
Flip Chart Magic takes you step-by-step through the process of building and using effective flip charts in training sessions. Divided into three sections with color coded pages (Need to Know / Nice to Know / Where to Find), the book comes with its own set of flip chart markers so that you can immediately begin applying the concepts and principles presented. Flip Chart Magic is literally "A Seminar In A Book!" The front half of the book is a more basic course and the back half of the book is a more advanced course on the subject of effective flip chart use.
Flip Chart Magic also contains a "Bonus Section" with seventeen transparency masters for combining the overhead projector with the flip chart to increase its effectiveness even more! Includes a Mr. SketchÂ® Scented Marker four-pack, with markers in red, green, blue, and yellow.
Order Now $39.95
Learn PowerPoint Online for 90 Days. Three Levels Available
Humanext/ AmericaLearn is pleased to offer a powerful online PowerPoint interactive course that covers every thing you need to produce dynamic presentations using PowerPoint. We offer three levels, I, II, and III with access for 90 days. Visit http://americalearn.howtomaster.com
Click on Courses, then look under Microsoft PowerPoint
Get Presentations Magazine Free, Plus Many Other Publications in your Areas of Interest
No hidden or trial offers, and no purchase necessary. Publications are absolutely free to professionals who qualify.
Magazines include HR Executive, Presentations, Government Executive, Computing, Business, Meetings, and many others in almost every professional interest from Accounting to Writing.
Browse through our extensive list of trade publications by industry, title, or geographic eligibility to find the titles that best match your skills and interests. Simply complete the application form and submit it.
(c) 2008 HumaNext LLC